Friday, December 22, 2006

Grenada


Grenada

We sister-in-law, her hubby and I walked off the ship to the shopping mall at the end of the pier. It was very, very hot. I found a very lovely pair of leather sandals got a good price. I tried to buy a diet coke, I gave the clerk a twenty dollar bill for a 4.00 diet coke. He tried to give me the local money Eastern caribbean dollar or Bee Wee, I knew I could never get rid of that and I wasn't about to pay 20.00 for a diet coke. I bought more nutmeg for the people in Texas. I braved the heat out side and found a table full of shells. I found one large shell and two smaller ones for only 7.00. I bought a lovely T-shirt for me with a bright red flower on the front.

We spent the rest of the time in port in the lounge on top watching the unfolding drama on shore. It is very interesting how many passengers push the limit past the deadline to be on board and then come wandering on the the ship at the last minute. I could never do that I would be afraid they would leave me.

Grenada was sighted by Christopher Columbus on his third voyage in 1498, french settled the island. This is another Bristish island.

No comments: