Monday, November 07, 2011

July 17 to finish Sweetpea's Visit

July 17 was my turn to furnish snacks at Church Sweetpea and I arrived early and carried many bundles into the fellowship hall.  I put coffee on while Sweetpea went to Church.  This is a big job and really too much for one person to do.  I decided I wouldn't volunteer again until they did something about the way we have to prepare and serve coffee and hot water.


My friend Harvey helped me empty the big pots I can't handle them by myself.  We went to brunch with him.  His X-wife has taken his car away from him.  He has some dementia problems. He lives on my way to Church and is in my SS class, so I volunteer to pick him up and take him home.  If I take him home after SS that is 10:30 and he has the rest of the day by himself.  He likes to go to Brunch and I don't mind going.  I spend the rest of the day by myself also.  This man is no dummy he use to be a personnel recruiter for Sandia Labs, but he is older and lives alone.  He forget to change his clothes as often as he should.  I believe this is the lest of his problems.

Sweetpea was very rude to him during brunch.  So he could have smelt better but that was no reason to be rude.  Our relationship has been very strained during this visit.  I finally realize that every time I pinned her down to get her to talk to me she ran to my friend..  The interference that friend caused was beining to bubble over.  She tried to get her to not help with VBS.  She didn't like her going to Church with me.

Sweetpea helped with crafts at VBS all week.  I had very good reports about  her actions during the week.  She was still not talking to me.  Every time I would break though and she was getting close,   my friend would interfere.  Friday was the breaking point.  I picked her up from VBS and she had a sack full of things they had made.  I ask about them and got no response.  I ask if she would like to go for Pizza as we needed to go shopping.  She answered that she was tired and wanted to go home.  I took her home and went to the store for a few things we had to have.  When I returned my friend was their again expecting me to feed her along with Sweetpea. 

Sweetpea would talk to her and not me.  I ask my friend to leave and she was  arguing that she was needed.  Sweetpea wanted to leave with her and I told her if she left with my friend she could not come back.  Of course my friend didn't want her so she contacted Dad to get her home of course  that was what Sweetpea wanted.

This  was unfortunatly a very harsh statement but I was very hurt this point and was lashing back in a very hurtful way.


No comments: