Thursday, July 14, 2005

July 14, 2005

What a thunderstrom we had, lights were out for about an hour.

Started packing, I can't believe how many boxes its going to take to get all this stuff ready to move. It can't happen too soon, I'm going to miss some things. Walking to the mailbox is so much easier than going to a mail box. I'm not sure how I will survive washing dishes instead of a dish washer. Walking around this complex will be a lot easier than the ups and down of the hills in the other place. I can't wait to have a bed of my own and hopefully a A/C than works and doesn't get to 80 degrees before it comes on. I'm not sure about taking the cat another 200.00 for just the privilege of having a pet. The cat has some fun playing and jumping around, I really would miss her.

Hubby had trouble remembering where the batteries were, he was so worried about all the flashlights having new batteries. We have been here 6 months and he uses batteries like they were klenex and he couldn't remember where they were. He has been going over to the swimming pool every day by himself. I feel like it is good for him to do somethings on his own. The adult day care didn't work out for him here, he seems more content to just stay in the house with me. When we get moved maybe he will get outside more, I hope we don't have the problem of took much watering again. The yard at the other house looks like it needs some watering but Canton has received more rain than Terrell. I'm worried about the move, I don't know how it is going to effect him.

P and D are taking Michelle to Lake Jackson to spend some time with her cousins. I'm so glad Michelle has cousins her age and they get along so well together. She will be down there for a week while mom has chemo and dad has surgery

3 comments:

Mylesie said...

I am wondering if you are the same TP who lived in Denver back in the early 60's, then moved to Albuquerque? I might have some genealogy info for you, if it's correct! :) Have a great weekend!

M.

P M Prescott said...

Interesting, but you never lived in Denver, so she may have someone else in mind.

Mylesie said...

Hmm. Must have my facts mixed up. LOL Well, it happens. Your posts and Greek Shadow's as well, are really making me miss Albuquerque. The green chile cheeseburger is calling my name...sigh! Ya can't get anything even remotely like it in RI.

Take care!