Friday, May 22, 2009

Omabma

Reading back over my postings I missed posting one of the most exciting times of my life. Obama was in Albuquerque last week to push the Credit Card legislation. The night before he was here a good friend of mine called. She said she had a extra ticket if I wanted to go see Obama and I jumped at the chance. I only had to get up at 5:00 AM and go wait until 10:30AM to see him.

I have been resisting the fact that I need to use a cane for my balance. I did take it to see Obama and it turned out to be a blessing. One of the helpers saw me with it and took Candy and me to the handicapped section. Up front and to the side of the stage. The PA system was lousy we couldn't hear. I got more information from the newspaper and TV than I did being there. I was thrilled to get to see him, He is not so short as thin or wiry. His suit was beautifully tailored. The fabric wasn't flashy but the suit was very well tailored and made him look appropriate for a President.

I have seen two presidents now Bill Clinton a few years ago. Hubby and I stood in the sun three hours to see him and now Obama. I missed seeing Kennedy I was PG with Penni when he was in Pueblo. Hubby was on the committed to help with the crowd. Hubby took both of the boys and put them right down in front so they could see Kennedy. I'm sure that is one of their foundest memories.

The whole thing left me exhausted but it was worth it. I slept all afternoon and all night.

No comments: