Thursday, June 17, 2010

Brag on my Kids

First son is always in the news,radio and now TV (when they show it). I am kinda use to his exposure it just keeps growing. Last Monday night I went to Writer to Writers with second son. His speaker canceled at the last minute and he had to fill in. He couldn't have done better if he had been planning and working on it for weeks. It is good to see other people appreciate him as well. First son gets lots of appreciation and he deserves it, but I don't see second sons appreciation it is not that visible.

I have trouble talking to Penni's friends because they always want to tell me how much they loved and appreciated her. Today I had a conversation with a lady that doesn't know me that well and never met Penni. I was trying to tell, her why I don't like to look like my mother. So, I told her without thinking that because I didn't have a great mother God made up for it with my having a great daughter.

I never understood why my mother couldn't love more than one person in a family. In our family it was my sister. In my family it was second son. With grand kids I guess it was first grandson here, others were away and she didn't see them that much.
She missed so much in getting to know the rest of us that, she couldn't be bothered with and we missed having a mother and grandmother.

With my kids they are all special and have a special place in my heart. They have raised good families. I have tried so hard to see each one as a individual and I appreciate each of them.

No comments: