Wednesday, December 17, 2008

No longer a Caregiver

255 posts, I started this when I had a new mission in life caring for my hubby and sick daughter. My hubby died last year and now Penni today. I quess I ceased being a caregiver when my daughter sent me back to Albuquerque in April but I still felt that way. I can't imagin my life without her. Michelle ask her Daddy today how do we make a new life without Mommie, now I am asking the same thing. Bruce is coming down later today. I am waiting until it is at least 6:oo am before I start calling New Mexico.

Penni was asleep or so drugged we couldn't wake her all day yesterday and last night. We held her hand and talked to her. One of her favorite deacons came and prayed with us last night. I was up and held her hand about 3:30 AM she died about 4:30 AM. She knew we were all here and loved her, even the kitties have been upset.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got to work this morning and saw there was an update to Penni's caring bridge site. I was so shocked to see Penni had passed during the night. I knew it was going to happen, but it is still a shock. She was a very special woman and I know you were very proud of her. She was so courageous in the face of pain, illness and even now in death. I can't know how you feel but I will keep all of you in my prayers. Trust in God to help you face the days ahead.

Belinda