Friday, May 28, 2010

Confusion

Shari, tells me every time we talk about something I make a reference to Penni. I wasn't aware that I thought about her that much, but I guess I do. I have been trying not to do that but. This morning was I pulling weeds or goat heads in the front yard. Some of them had buds of little yellow flowers so it brought to mind.

When Penni first moved in the house they brought she was thinking about landscaping a very large back yard. The far top of the back yard was terraced and it was full of the prettiest little yellow flowers. Penni was so pleased that she didn't have to do something to that area. Until her father pointed out to her that the little yellow flowers were goat heads.

When I left a shop later in the day the radio, in the car, was playing you guessed it "Harper Valley PTA. Penni drove the boys crazy playing that song.

How do I not think of Penni when almost every thing I do is a reminder?

I took Missy and Shari's two dogs to the groomers today. It wasn't far over there but they sat up in the back seat just like I was there chauffeur. I wish I had a picture of that.

1 comment:

P M Prescott said...

To force yourself from remembering these things would cause more damage than the memories. What you are going through is part of the grieving process. Don't fight it.